I am starting my first blog with a recipe for a meal that is had at the start of the day – the breakfast! And since I am currently on a health streak, I decided to let you in on a recipe that gives you the satisfaction of having a salad and does not make you feel that you are on a diet at all!
I came up with this recipe when I was rummaging through my fridge wondering what breakfast to make and noticing that I had an over stock of veggies, decided on making a cucumber & egg salad. And how to turn that into a breakfast? Simple put it on a toast and make it into a open sandwich.
You can have this just as it is, as a salad; but I prefer to have it on a toast as I like the extra crunch of the warm toast with the cold veggies on the top. You can even add croutons to this recipe if you intend on having this as a salad.
Feel free to play around with different quantities of the dressing ingredients to find one that suits your taste buds. Also feel free to add other veggies like boiled American corn or any cold cuts to give it that extra dash of flavor.
So here you go, my healthy tasty Cucumber and Egg Salad Open Sandwich
Salad Ingredients :
- Eggs – 2 (boiled or pan fried and shredded)
- Cucumber – 1 (diced)
- Carrot – 1 (shredded)
- Tomato – 1 (diced)
- Capsicum – 1/2 (diced)
- Green Chilli – 1 (finely chopped)
- Garlic – 1 Clove (finely chopped)
Salad Dressing ingredients :
- Cream cheese – 1 Tbsp
- Tomato Ketchup – 2 Tsp
- Mustard Sauce – 1 Tbsp
- Red Chilli Sauce – 1 Tsp
- Honey – 1 Tbsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Pepper – 1/4 Tsp
- Take all the cut vegetables into a bowl and add the eggs on the top and mash it with a fork.
- Once the eggs are well mashed, add all the salad dressing ingredients and mix it well.
- You can mix the salad dressing separately in a smaller bowl and then add it to the salad, but I prefer one dish wonders!
- Then toast some slices of bread and top it generously with the salad.
Its best to have this immediately as the vegetables tend to become soggy after a while, and that’s just no fun eating it. But if you have a little extra, refrigerate it immediately and be sure to finish it within the same day.