Now that the season for mangoes is finally here, which is our only consolation for this blistering summer, let us make good use of it. And what better to cool you off than a lassi/smoothie made with Mangoes.
This drink has the awesome taste of Mangoes, with the goodness of curd/yogurt and the freshness of mint to help you beat the heat from within. I avoid adding sugar to this drink to enjoy the natural sweetness of the fruit, but for those who like their drink more sweet, go ahead and add some sugar or honey!
It’s a super easy drink to make, and a sure fire way to impress your guests!
- Ripe Mangoes – 2 (any variety, as long as it is sweet)
- Yogurt / Curd – 1 cup
- Mint – 1 sprig / 5-6 leaves
- Sugar/honey – as per taste (optional)
- Fresh crème/ cream – ¼ cup (optional)
- According to the type of mangoes, peel and cut it / squeeze out the pulp, and put it in a blender. (Add the sugar or honey at this stage if you like it sweeter)
- Give it a whiz in the blender till the pulp is smooth.
- Then add the yogurt/curd and the mint and again whiz it till the mint is properly blended with the mixture.
- If you like your smoothie to be creamier, add some cream and blend it well.
- If you feel it is a tad thick, add a couple of ice cubes or a splash of cold water to it and whiz it further.
- Now pour it out into a couple of glasses and garnish with mint leaves.
When guests are over I add some cream just to make the drink richer and enhance the flavor. If not I prefer the sugar free and low- fat version of the drink.
So what are you waiting for, go ahead, make it and let me know how you like it.